You are here
Join fast growing international business in medical devices industry
Strategic procurement partner for R&D and manufacturing teams
About Our Client
Cepheid is one of the fastest growing companies in molecular diagnostics. The company's unique diagnostic platform is used throughout the world, making a difference for patients as diagnosis and choice of treatment is facilitated by the test results. Cepheid offers a broad range of diagnostic products in virology, bacteriology and oncology that can meet tomorrow's demands for safe, fast and flexible diagnostic both in Western countries and in countries with limited resources. Globally, the company is represented by its headquarters in Sunnyvale, California, sales and marketing offices in Toulouse, France and technology and chemistry center in Bothell, Washington. Cepheid AB, part of the global Cepheid group, is located in Solna, Sweden and has around two hundred employees, mainly in Production, Quality, Research and Development.
You will be responsible for production supplier assignments including supplier evaluation, selection, qualification of materials and suppliers as well as supplier performance management. Further you will be working closely with the Global Purchasing team to deliver best value from bought in goods/materials and services, to maximize profitability. This position will be based at Cepheid's European Manufacturing and R&D site in Solna.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Coordinate purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner;
- Obtain materials, components, equipment and services;
- Monitor the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure highest quality at best value;
- Manage assigned suppliers and commodities to acquire inventory in a cost effective yet high quality driven manner;
- Improve supplier performance program through supplier review boards;
- Acquire and maintain technical understanding of products purchased;
- Develop new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate;
- Recommend cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis, alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in this recruitment process, candidates are expected to fulfill the following requirements:
- Experience in vendor management preferably in a diagnostic or pharmaceutical environment;
- Knowledge of procurement of raw materials used in bio-medical device, pharmaceutical manufacturing (specifically enzymes, reagents, chemicals, controls, etc);
- Experience with SOP's, GMP, JIT, MRP;
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel and SAP;
- Proven track record of successful contract supplier negotiation involving any of the following: cost reduction independent of volume increase, vendor managed inventory, supply flexibility increase.
Keywords: Inköp, läkemedel, läkemedelsbolag, läkemedelsföretag, medicinsk utrustning, produktion, strategic purchaser, strategic buyer
What's on Offer
If you feel your qualifications match our requirements, we look forward to hearing from you! Please apply online with your CV in English as soon as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach Senior Recruitment Consultant Artiom Kravchenko in case you have any questions (0733254911).