You are here
Inside Sales Engineer
Engineering, Electronic, Mechanical
About Our Client
Belonging to an international conglomerate, operating throughout 50+ countries, our client represents their Electronics division and employs several thousand employees across the globe. Following strong growth in Sweden, our client is now looking to add an Inside Sales Engineer due to join an international team working across Europe. Joining a local team of two, the successful candidate will join an organisation where a local & international career path will be presented to them.
As an Inside Sales Engineer you will have to identify new business opportunities and enhancing the grow of the business in existing customers where there is potential. You will report directly to the Inside Sales Manager.
Therefore you will have following responsibilities:
- Proactively work on campaigns to prospect the market and look for new customers or investigate further on existing ones.
- Support customers via inbound calls and emails for technical issues including tooling, product selection, product specifications, etc. This will be considered as a reactive activity
- Understand the end customer technical needs to be able to offer them a complete solution including e.g. technical information, documentation, PS, drawings and samples before converting these into a valuable lead
- Attend and successfully pass all required training including: product, system training, sales activities in order to acquire all the necessary knowledge to evolve into the next step
- For the market/customer prospection activity, work on the same direction as the IMMs to follow a consistent strategy for new markets, technologies and products
- Actively follow up in all Exhibition leads from receipt to eventual revenue conversion that enables our client to quantify the Return on Investment. Participate when possible on all the marketing events of their area of responsibility (including exhibitions and marketing campaigns)
- A close collaboration with the Outside Sales team
- Increase our clients sales CRM pipeline through lead qualification and follow-up through such activities as managing regional GMAP activity within the demand creation sales process and generating proactive campaigns. Drive goal-oriented results for lead qualification process. Research, qualify and develop sales leads to submit actionable sales leads to Sales Engineers (SE's)
- Demonstrate an outstanding knowledge of our client product pipeline. Being able to suggest not only the specific product the customer needs but also all the complementary solutions
- Develop a technical knowledge able to support customers and colleagues inside the company
- Take part to customers and external sales meetings
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management. Being flexible to adapt the role according to the company needs and evolution
- Understand how and when to close a technical call, when to advance it to the GMAP system for prospecting activity or when to advance the lead directly to Outside Sales as an actionable lead
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in this recruitment process, candidates are expected to match the following criteria:
- Technical secondary education (electronic, electric or mechanical)
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Industrial Technology/ Telecommunications Engineering
- Previous and active relationship with customers. Either external or internal contact. Customer service experience at any level
- Preferably a commercial background & prospecting customers' experience
- Basic computer skills including Windows Microsoft Office
- Effective communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express ideas and exchange information clearly and concisely
- Organization skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize and self-monitor workload
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team and engage potential customers
- Ability to accept promotion to Sales Engineer position for field assignment which may require geographic relocation and regular travel
What's on Offer
Are you a recent graduate with a Technical or Mechanical Engineer degree? Are you presently looking to join a global leader in its field offering both local and international career opportunities? If so, please send your CV in English or Swedish as soon as possible to César Gautier.